Vastu Shastra originates from the sun and the earth. Vastu teaches us to understand the energy that surrounds us. Vastu teaches us ways to turn the energy into material forms. It is a traditional Indian Science of Architecture which guides the construction and design of buildings. Vastu Shastra originated 5000 years back. This science tells us what are the conditions to keep in mind while selecting a land, and construction of buildings. The goal of Vastu Shastra is to revive the balance between buildings and therefore the universe so as to make the lives of the inmates better.
Vastu Shastra is made from 2 words. The Sanskrit word ‘Vastu’ site/building construction and ‘Shastra’ means technology/science. Hence, collectively they mean ‘the science of construction’. Vastu Shastra can help in various aspects of life:
The aim of Vastu Shastra is to add ‘Worth/Value to the Life of the man’ remaining in a structure bringing harmony between the human, nature and the built environment. Basically, Vastu Shastra eliminates negative energy and brings positive energy with the goal that an individual, family or even business in a building becomes progressive and prosperous.
Vaastu Shastra is considered the exchange of different powers of nature including the five components of earth, water, wind, fire and space and keeps the balance between them as these components impact, guide and change the living styles of individuals as well as each living being on earth. Accordingly, they impact our deeds, karma, luck, behavior and other basics of life.
The whole Universe, regardless of whether it is Stars, Planets, Moons, or any type of life, consists of these five components. In buildings; each direction is dominated by one element. If it is a balanced state it causes positive impact and an imbalance state is a reason for negative impacts. It is the balance and imbalance among these ‘Panchtatva’ that makes one’s space virtual heaven or hell.
For eg. : An underground water tank in the South Zone of your building will cause anxiety, fire-accidents, restlessness, and disturbed sleep. Correspondingly, the fire set in North (Zone of Water) will block new opportunities, receipt of payments and lack of orders, as they are attributes of this Zone. So here in these examples, you’ll see how an imbalanced state of elements during a building creates problematic real-life situations.
It should be very important to follow a few things while constructing a house, shop, factory, etc. according to Vastu Shastra.
1. Always remember in mind while constructing a factory, industry, shop, commercial complex, hotel, etc. that the north-east corner should never be higher than other walls.
2. In case any pit is present in any direction except the north-east corner, the master of this place has to endure inauspicious results.
3. In case of a broken wall, crack, pit, etc. in the north-west direction of a house or factory, the kid of the master of such house or factory is handicapped.
4. Toilets should never be constructed in the north-east corner of the house or factory because it is responsible for affliction. Sometimes, quarreling goes on taking place in such houses or sometimes the laborers of such factories go on fighting with each other.
5. If the kitchen is present in the north-east corner of a house, quarreling and fighting will go on taking place in such a house and the master of this house will get lost.
6. One should not keep the lump of garbage of stones and wastes, etc. in the north-east corner of the house, because it will increase the number of his enemies and his life will also go on becoming short as well as his character will also become bad.
7. According to Vastu Shastra, the sticks of mosquito net, other types of useless things, even brooms, etc. should not be kept as attached to the north-east corner of the house, otherwise, wealth may be decreased in such a house.
8. Before purchasing any type of plot or piece of land, an expert of Vastu Shastra must be consulted for an examination of that plot according to the importance of Vastu Shastra.
9. The house should always be constructed in such a way so that the people living in that house could get maximum natural light and fresh (pure) air. The house should be made in such a way that the people living in such a house could get the benefits of rising sun rays properly.
10. The main gate (entrance) of the factory, industry, mill or schools should never be in the corner.
11. One thing should always be kept in the mind in respect of a shop, factory or personal house that their main gate would not be in the corner.
12. Anything whether it is a generator, transformer, oil engine, etc. must be fitted in the south-east corner only.
13. For any type of chariot (car), bullock cart, animal, taxi or parking, etc, the north-west corner must be used only.
14. The drainage system of water whether it is rainwater or artificial water, all these must be toward the north-east direction.
15. The administrative room, dining (sitting) room, assembly room, etc. must be in the north or east direction only.
16. In a worshiping (pooja) room, the worshiper’s face must always be towards east, north-east or north direction.
17. Toilet, main hall, gutter, drainage pipe, etc. must be in north-west or south-east corner only.
18. Useless or daryaniya trees should never be planted at the main gate of the house or factory.
These guidelines are based on scientific reasoning and when applied correctly create well-lit, well-ventilated, spacious, aesthetic, and well-designed rooms and houses. A properly designed House will naturally create ‘contentment’, ‘peace’ and ‘serenity’ for the inmates and the Owner will be proud of and happy to live in it.